Friday 28 March 2014

What to do with life....

I have been thinking a lot lately, clearly about what I want to experience in life, however, I am still mixed up in what I actually want to be when I grow up. I know I am 21 but I still don't see myself as grown up! I live in a house of my own with my partner and have a full time job I work my a** off at but I don't see myself being in this situation forever. 

When I was growing up I always wanted to be a primary school teacher. It was the one thing I wanted to do but I got to the age of 17, and decided I didn't want to do that and was influenced by others telling me I wouldn't get a job and what not so I changed what I wanted to do and applied for university for teaching and accountancy. I received a conditional for accountancy at both universities I applied for but I knew in my heart it wasn't what I wanted. I was then involved in, what would be my first road traffic accident and at 17 years old I wasn't able to overcome this and became a shell of myself and no longer had any drive for school. I never received the grades I required to get into university so I applied for Social Sciences at a college, something I had no interest in. I received an A in my first year but then left when I got a full time job. The job I got was working 2pm - 10pm every day and I didn't fancy that so didn't take it. I then found my current job and I have been there since February 2012. 

Now I have no clue what to do! I would love to be a primary teacher, be a para legal and work in law or psychology but I just can't decide and I can no longer afford to go to university for 4 years. Even if I was to go to university i'm not sure if I would even be able to hack it! The troubles of a 21 year old!! 

Are any of you in this situation or have been in the past? What did you do? 

L x

No comments:

Post a Comment